mercredi 29 décembre 2010

Share Your 2010 Reflections + 2011 Predictions

Here are thoughts to some questions asked by Sew, Mama, Sew!

Looking back on the sewing scene of 2010, what trends stand out in your mind?
I'm a swiss quilter so I'll speak more from the Swiss or European point of view. I see a huge lot of quilters making or "surface designing" their own fabrics. At a recent European qults exhibit I was the only one, out of about 40 quilt artists, to use commercial fabrics.
What were some of your favorite things? (Trends, fabric collections, patterns, blogs? Whatever you really loved.)
I like the modern every day quilts, with bright colors and big prints, combined with white. It gives the works a happy tone that I love. But if you use quit making as your artistic expression, all styles, especially the one who reflects you the most are fabulous.
What was your very favorite fabric collection or print? (If not listed above.)
I'm very admirative of Malka Dubrowsky's fabrics.
What was the best thing you made in 2010? (Be sure to share a photo!)
I made a large quilt which I like a lot. It was selected in EXNA 4, Patchwork contemporain suisse et européen.

Ciao Bella!

What is one of the best things you saw that was made by someone else?
I was so impressed by Malou Zryd's embroidered/sewn coats.
What do you think 2011 has in store? (Again, trends, fabric, patterns, etc.)
I think a lot of people are getting bolder and are going futher and further away from traditionnal quilts. I'm amazed at the number of gifted young designers/graphists/textile artists out there, and I can't wait to see what they have in store!
Anything you’re ready for the sewing world to get over?
I find all the taupe japanese fabrics a bit sad, but as some quilters around me are just discovering them now, we'll see them around for some more time!
What’s on your sewing agenda for 2011? What are you excited about? What would you like to learn more about?
I'm excited about three big quilting events in 2011, Quilt en Sud in Southern France, Nadelwelt in Karlsruhe (Germany), and fabric-connection.ch exhibition in september in Basel, Switzerland, because I'll be teaching and exhibiting there. I'm busy making new quilts for these events.
I'm also taking a photography course to improve my skills!

1 commentaire

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.